How to participate:
- Submit your own Green Ninja inspired film by May 11th, 2018 at 11:59pm.
- Date/Time/Location: (TBA)
- The event is FREE and open to students, teachers, family, and friends.
Film Rules and Regulations:
- The film must be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes long.
- The film does not need to include a Green Ninja character, but should include a theme related to the field of climate science and climate solutions.
- The film must be submitted electronically by May 11th, 2018 by each student group.
- Each submission must include the following files:
- The final film
- Digital portfolio (download the template here)
- Videos should make appropriate use of copyright-protected material. To avoid infringing, refer to the Youtube Copyright Center and the 4 Factors of Fair Use.
Film Nomination and Awards:
Based on the film and completed application, the GNFF panel of judges will nominate a selection of finalists for screening at the event. Each winning team will receive an award certificate. Please send us all films, we love to view them! If you hold a mini film festival in your class and determine the top 25% of films you could also denote these somehow as ‘finalists’ within your class but this is not required.
How to submit your film:
- With your teacher’s guidance, develop a film no more than 3 minutes long showcasing climate solutions.
- Submission will be made through Green Ninja’s website. Website link will be open on May 10th (https://greenninja.org/gnffsubmission/)
- Student groups will submit films electronically.
- Films must be submitted by May 11th at 11:59pm
- Judges select films for screening and festival awards.
- Certificates will be awarded. Check back for winner updates to share with teachers, family, and friends.
The Green Ninja Film Festival will award a selection of prizes based on science, humor, and story.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
Below is a list of 12 actions students could take to help reduce climate change. Any of these could be a good subject for a Green Ninja-themed film. The goal of the film should be a compelling story, so focusing on a single subject in a creative way may prove more effective than trying to include many different actions. Regarding the key elements of telling a story, look at this guide here and here.
- Start a compost pile
- Move around smartly
- Choose a local vacation
- Enjoy climate friendly foods
- Control your home climate
- Learn to cook
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Dry clothes on line
- Control your lights
- Reduce power vampires
- Shop smarter
- Conserve hot water
For more ideas on possible topics, take a look at this mind map.
Need help creating or sending in your video?:
Educators can click here for Green Ninja’s Teacher Film Resources