The Green Ninja project is a unique faculty and student collaboration focused on producing effective and inspiring tools to promote climate education in young audiences. Most of the educational media produced are done by SJSU students with guidance and mentoring by university faculty. The Green Ninja project develops strong student training experiences that ultimately serve the larger community and encourage social change.
If you believe in what we are doing, please help us by making a tax-deductible gift. Your contribution says that education matters and helps us continue our important work. Your gift can also be used to specifically support one of the following programs:
Ways to support:
1. A gift of $100 provides a teacher with a Green Ninja Kit (i.e., Green Ninja T-shirts, stickers, and postcards ) to use in any way they want in their classroom. Teachers are the real heroes, and anything we can do to say “Thanks for everything you do” is really appreciated! Supporters will receive a photo of their teacher with their Green Ninja Kit.
2. A gift of $500 provides a one semester student scholarship for a visual artist, educator or scientist in support of the Green Ninja Show. Students will work with the team of content designers to develop the films and corresponding educational content. Supporters will be invited to the Green Ninja Office for afternoon tea with the scholarship recipient and the Green Ninja team.
3. A gift of $2500 supports a one semester student internship at the Green Ninja Office. The student will work closely with faculty and Green Ninja staff on content development for Green Ninja educational programs. Supporters will be invited to a Green Ninja event (i.e. filming of an episode, episode brainstorm party, environmental fair) to meet with the student intern and learn about their work.
4. A gift of $10,000 supports a one year Green Ninja Faculty Fellowship. The Fellowship allows a faculty members (visual artist, educator or scientist) to work closely with the Green Ninja team to develop new educational experiences that support teachers and students. Supporters will be invited to a campus seminar given by the Faculty Fellow on their research area and plans during the fellowship. Following the seminar, a reception will be held at the Green Ninja Office.
How to donate:
All donations are tax deductible and can be made by:
1. Visiting the SJSU Giving online and indicate Green Ninja (account # 034-1505-0654) under ‘other purpose. Please include how you want your donation to be used.
2. Writing a check to the ‘Tower Foundation – account # 034-1505-0654: Green Ninja Education Project. You can then mail the check to: The Tower Foundation, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA 95192-0256. Please include how you want your donation to be used.
Eugene Cordero, Founder and Director